My place to show my fun stuff. I mainly scrapbook, but cards are starting to empty out my scraps!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stampin Up Club


These are the cards I did. The paper was from a 8x8 paper pack I had. I used my Pun Fun stamp set from Stampin Up. They are super cute. I stamped with CTMH inks. Then I used color pencils to add a little bit of color. For the flower, I used my glue pen to fill in the area I wanted to foil. Then I took the special foil and layed it over the tacky glue spot and peeled it back. It left the foil flower. I tried it with the hippo's balloon but it wasn't quite working right so I used Stickles glitter glue. The skunk stamps says, "I stink your sweet" and the hippo stamp says "Hip-hippo-ray!"




Here is Bonny showing us about the faux SILK technique. You take tissue paper and stamp your image on it. Then you crumble it up to give it wrinklies. You use Mod Podge or a glue stick to cover a piece of CS and carefully smooth the tissue down. It was pretty fun. Something I had never really done. SO that was SUPER! We were kind of free to make whatever, using the new technique.



This is the card I made. I decided that my pieces are going to go together no matter what. It actually turned out cute.

All it all it was a fun night. Good food, good times. Oh and the food! LOL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you don't judge me about the food LOL! I had a really good time, and it was a fun technique I had never tried.

bonnyo said...

ashley, I didn't realize you were going to put the picture on here!yikes!!! lol! by the way, the technique was faux silk. You girls are great, I really appreciate you...and the food is always good too. :)