My place to show my fun stuff. I mainly scrapbook, but cards are starting to empty out my scraps!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

BYOM Newsletter Challenge

I love doing sketches. I also am a big fan of Fancy Pants. So I thought that I would use some pics of the kids when we were in Circle. All the CS is Bazzill. All PP is Fancy Pants, the About A Boy collection. The kit included all these things plus some other goodies, like the FP diecut tags and stickers, and the nesting chipboard by Everlasting Keepsakes. I used my Katie QK alphabet to go with the "retro" part of the "old school" bowling alley. (Movie moment: the part in Clueless pops in my mind right now when the guy is trying on a leather jacket at the mall and says "Yeah, RETRO.") I used a brown Zig marker to do some of my own doodling and a Dark Brown Color Box Chalk for some inked edges. I inked the star with it also.


I had to include the smaller pic because I noticed the old Donkey Kong game to the right of the Jurassic Park game. And this game was there when I was like 6 or 7 playing video games while my parent were in league bowling. LOL I am sure the bowling balls are probably the same too. Sorry Taylor, had to have the pic with the name of the place in it. LOL!! Now days, parents tend to leave the kids home when they are on a league. I guess the video games made it alright. "Hey kids! We should all go to the MInt. The "big people" can get drunk, while you play the new driving game!" Just kidding...KIND OF! LOL if you get that!

1 comment:

Katie Skiff said...

Great Layout.

Too bad I know a mom who left her son to play video games at Stretches while she went to the mint to play the machines. They had to call her b.c they were closing and she needed to come get her son. Yikes!